There used to be a time when gaming magazines were a big part of our beloved industry. However, with the rise of digital media, the majority of video game magazines have called it quits or moved online. However, I long for a day where physical, print gaming magazines live on — and that’s why I’m creating From Gamers Magazine!
There’s just something special about gaming magazines. If you’ve ever subscribed to one, you know what I’m talking about. Constantly checking your mail to see if the latest issue has arrived, flipping through the pages and smelling that new magazine smell, and of course, reading unique and interesting perspectives are just a few things that made these magazines special. I miss those days, don’t you?
Well, I’m hoping From Gamers can bring back a little bit of that joy into our lives and do so in an exciting way. I sure hope you’ll join us for the ride!
What is From Gamers Magazine?
From Gamers Magazine is similar to gaming magazines in the past, but is entirely focused on current-generation gaming. That’s not to say that we won’t have retro reviews or retrospectives on older games, it just means that the majority of our content will be focused on current events, releases, and upcoming games.
In addition to the focus on present-day gaming, From Gamers is a community-driven publication. This means that anyone and everyone that has a good grasp of the English language and has an ability to put their thoughts into words is welcome to pitch our magazine. If you have an idea, motivation, and drive to share your passion with the gaming community, we’d be more than happy to hear from you.
If you’d like more information on submitting a pitch for Issue 1 and 2, please send me a message and I’ll get you the information you need.
What Kind of Content Will Be in From Gamers Magazine?
From Gamers will focus on current and modern gaming. From editorials, features, and opinions, to reviews, previews, and listicles, you can expect a variety of different content in each issue. Specifically, Issue 1 will focus on games like Far Cry 6, Deathloop, and other upcoming and recent releases.
Each issue will be around 40-50 pages long and jam-packed with content from members of the gaming community. Here are some details on what you can expect in both issues:
- Cover story: The core focus of each issue will be a unique, well-researched cover story that discusses an upcoming game with a unique angle.
- Reviews: Each issue will have a few different reviews of recent releases from a variety of different voices.
- Previews: Each issue will preview a handful of upcoming games that have piqued our interest, AAAs and indies alike!
- Opinions: Part of what makes content creation great is sharing unique perspectives. Each issue of From Gamers will give a voice to creators to express theirs.
- Features: There are lots of cool things to discuss in the world of gaming, and our original and unique features will do just that!
- Developer Spotlights: Indies are awesome, and we are going to point out a few indie devs that are doing some cool things!
- Much More: Each issue will be unique and jam-packed with exciting content, art, and design!
There are tons of reasons why you should subscribe to From Gamers Magazine. For starters, it’s affordable! You can get both Issues 1 and 2 for just $6! More than that though, our content and designs will be created by like-minded gamers from within the gaming community.
Of course, we will also have lots of engaging and unique content to flip through as well 🙂